The Northern Diet, What Is the Nordic Diet and Should You Try It?
Looking for a diet to get rid of extra pounds forever? Well the northern diet is what you want! You can lose up to 2 pounds per week with the northern diet, and after you’ve managed to reach the desired weight, you will not get fat because of new life.
What is the northern diet?
Similar to the Mediterranean diet, the diet includes food from the northern part of several months, namely from Lokasi Pulau Dutungan with a cold climate. It encourages consumption of fish and local dishes and it discourages meat.
How does the northern diet work?
North diet encourages healthy lifestyle, which involves physical activity, avoid junk food, but consumption of fruit and vegetables and reducing milk consumption.
Here are some diet foods they suggest:
- Cereals, rice and bran – rich in fiber and protein;
- Cabbage – low in calories and rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids;
- Beetroot, carrots – low in calories;
- Green leafy vegetables – peas, spinach;
- Salmon, mackerel – high in protein and nutrients;
- Organic Chicken – with increased protein content and low in saturated fat;
- Berries – rich in antioxidants;
- Herbs: dill, parsley, mint, tarragon – full of nutrients.
What are the limitations of the northern diet?
Diet northern allows only local and seasonal food! If possible, try to limit yourself to fruit, vegetables, meat and fish. No cooked and processed foods are allowed, so you have to spend more time in the kitchen.
A typical day diet
A bowl of oatmeal and skim milk, rice bread slice with cheese and coffee or tea without sugar.
- Morning snack
A snack between breakfast and lunch is important to avoid unhealthy cravings.
1 slice bread, rice, cheese, 2 tablespoons semi-skimmed milk, or at office you can have some raw vegetables and 10 g hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds.
Bread, rice with boiled eggs
Boiled potatoes and a serving of raw vegetables
On weekends you can have fun in the kitchen to cook soup for lunch.
- Afternoon Snack
- -150 G fish or chicken
- 1 Serving of vegetables
- 2 Boiled potato or 1 slice bread
- 1 Salad bowl with lettuce or cabbage.
Try to eat three days over two days vegetables, meat two days.
- Evening Snack
150 ml yogurt with seasonal fruit or sometimes a small piece of chocolate.
Read our diet product reviews to find our what are the best weight loss pills for women on the market today.